Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hey guys! Happy Friday!

1. So I did it! Hiked to the top of Ammertenspitz! The white blue white trail was crazy, not physically too hard, but wow I tried not to look down at all. It is a good thing the girl I went with was so chill about it because I was definitely nervous enough for the both of us! Not only did we hike to the top, we hiked faster than the predicted time, so that is cool. I can officially be called a keen Mountaineer. That is what the sign said anyway. Here are some pics. And a video if I can figure out how to post it.




(this is what we hiked up!)




2. So these past few days I went to Locarno, the Italian part of Switzerland, with Betsy. It did not necessarily go exactly as planned. First of all it was so rainy and expensive and just Murphy's law all over the place. I spent a good amount of francs to see a movie, 2 Guns, at the Locarno film festival. Really cool right? About 30 mins into the film it started to poor and lightning and thunder. We are sitting outside mind you no cover whatsoever. So we sit like this for 10 mins getting soaked, eventually we try to find shelter around the surrounding areas. There is no room at all, it is to loud to hear the movie, and we missed half the movie trying to find a dry, quite spot. Finally we are like fine lets just leave. We catch a train mind you at like 12:14. Because though the ticket said the movie started at 9:30 the mcs talked for AN HOUR AND A HALF. Then the next day we get up and it is still pouring. look at weather this is the forecast for the rest of the day: 100-80% chance of rain all day. And not just drizzle but buckets of rain coming down. Suffice to say not as successful as I hoped. I did have some excellent raspberry crumble....

3. Meanwhile, as I am on my sad trip, my family is here:


and doing things like this:

and this:


Uhmppphhh. Can you believe they went to Bald Head Island without me? I mean yes I am in Switzerland, but still. The nerve, having fun without me.

4. Also back in NC, lots of people, as I can tell from Facebook, are returning to the Hill after their awesome summer adventures. It seems everyone is gearing to go back to school. And a part of me wants to go back and start this upcoming semester with everyone else. It is a bit sad seeing everyone gearing up and knowing I am going to be absent this time around. It is like missing a day of school, fun, but you kinda wonder what you missed at school and you feel a bit like you might have missed out on something. One of my friends is gear up for freshman year! She is even in the same dorm/floor/side as I was! Good luck to all those in this coming semester at UNC! Hopefully I am not going to be missing anything to big...

5. Finally I just wanted to know if any of you guys have any suggestions for places to visit in any of these countries: Germany (most likely Berlin), Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg. Suggestions can be cities, or activities or not well known areas that you think is worth a visit! You can leave a comment on this post or shoot me an email. I would love to hear your suggestions! Also I will be visiting these places in winter so keep that in mind :)

With that have a good weekend everyone!

(ps when I wrote this post it was Friday, then the internet failed, so it is now kinda a saturday 5..)

No comments:

Post a Comment